Cancer free in 2018! And what better way to celebrate than running for the Cure? This September 30, the Phillips sisters are teaming up & raising funds for breast cancer research (team screw cancer).
In 2017, an estimated:
- 26,300 women were diagnosed with breast cancer. This represents 25% of all new cancer cases in women in 2017;
- 5,000 women died from breast cancer - this represents 13% of all cancer deaths in women in 2017;
- On average, 72 Canadian women were diagnosed with breast cancer every day;
- On average, 14 Canadian women died from breast cancer every day; and,
- 230 men were diagnosed with breast cancer and 60 died from cancer.
For those who know me, I am not a runner. But! On Wednesday May 23, I've tied up my laces and headed out for a run for the first time ever.
Any and all support is sincerely appreciated. I will be working upwards improving my endurance & fitness all summer.